Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: olivant

The Naked City.

How about "Nip it in the bud."

Hmmmm! I'm real familiar with that term but didn't know it came from a particular tv show. confused I'll try to think of which character might have used that term. What do ya bet SC or TB knows?TIS

"The Naked City" was one the best dramas ever on tv. It was about New York City and the fact that there are 8 million people in the City and each one has his or her own story.

As far as, "nip it in the bud", I remember Barney Fife (Don Knotts) saying that a lot on "Andy Griffith". If that is not the show my second guess would be "Hill Street Blues". The sergeant used to say things like that (but mostly he said, "let's be careful out there").

And here I was waiting for your reply. How could I miss it? confused Well, I was never a huge fan of Mayberry and never watched Hill Street, so I guess that's my excuse. grin

Oli, which is correct?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon