I strongly disagree.

for me, the poor, sloppy manner in which the game was played only made it better.

I take much care in putting events into perspective and usually I absolutely refuse the hype - I remember how annoyed I was with TV the day of the rescue of the chilean miners - and that's exactly why I wanted to talk about it. and the more I read and talked about it the more I don't think any other game measure up (on excitement).

and that's mostly because two of the most dramatic scenarios posible in baseball, - being one strike away from losing the WS and winning on a walkoff homerun when facing elimination in the WS - which had occured only 5 times in different occasions throughout 130 years of history happened in 3 consecutive innings. the only time I recall being as excited because of a sport event was when my small market team was within minutes of beating Barcelona in the FIFA Club World Cup.

one thing is to look desperately for instant satisfaction and that can make you overrate an event but another one is to see the train of history pass in front of you and not get on board. I'm still not sure which case this is.

Last edited by Tony Mosrite; 10/30/11 11:21 AM.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk