Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
Originally Posted By: Ivan
I'm no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Genovese family started unraveling around 2020 the way the other families have. This is because the majority of the people running it are typically 70-85 years old. They won't be around to hold things together in ten years, and I doubt if today's young gangsters will be able to do as good a job as that generation seems to have.

I agree Ivan. Genovese family seems to be mostly old timers. When they are gone. Just saying

A good example may be the family's Springfield crew. Because of attrition and lack of recruits, a relatively young guy like Arillotta gets made and then flips.

That said, the family's power base in New York/New Jersey is different. These are the guys (that are still alive) that have been in the family's administration, the ruling panel, captains, or acting captains.

The median age is about 75. You have 4 in their 90's. 7 in their 80's. 16 in their 70's. 5 in their 60's. 1 in his 50's. And 1 in his 40's.

8 years away (2020) may be too soon where we see the widespread unraveling we have with the other families.

Michael "Mikey Dimino" Generoso - 93
Matthew "The Horse" Ianniello - 91
Venaro "Benny Eggs" Mangano - 90
Ciro Perrone - 90
Lawrence "Larry Fab" Dentico - 88
Mario Gigante - 88
Frank "Punchy" Illiano - 83
Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo - 82
Salvatore "Sammy Meatballs" Aparo - 82
Albert "Kid Blast" Gallo - 81
Silvio DeVita - 80
Frederico "Fritzy" Giovanelli - 79
Charles "Chucky" Tuzzo - 78
John "Johnny Sausages" Barbato - 77
Ludwig "Ninny" Bruschi - 77
Joseph "Pepe" LaScala - 77
Renaldo "Ray" Ruggiero - 77
Anthony "Tico" Antico - 75
James "Jimmy from 8th St" Massera - 75
Alphone "Allie Shades" Malangone - 75
Anthony "Rom" Romanello 74
Michael "Tona" Borelli - 73
Rosario "Ross" Gangi - 72
Angelo "The Horn" Prisco - 72
James "The Little Guy" Ida - 71
Anthony "Tony Parkside" Federici - 71
Daniel "The Lion" Leo - 70
Pasquale "Patsy" Parello - 67
Ernest "Ernie" Muscarella - 66
Arthur "Artie" Nigro - 66
Michael "Mikey Cigars" Coppola - 65
Alan "Baldy" Longo - 61
Anthony "Tony D" Palumbo - 61
Liborio "Barney" Bellomo - 54
Joseph "Joe D" Dente Jr. - 48

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.