Originally Posted By: eurodave

I remember reading in the 6th Family that the Lopresti murder was an issue between the Bonnanos and the Rizzutos, but I could be mistaken.

Yeah thats what I was referring to. There's still not a lot out there on it as yet.

Originally Posted By: eurodave

Hamilton gangsters are Italian-Canadian while the GTA ndrine seem to be Italian gangsters in Canada and if you think of the deportation of Commisso and Coluccio, it proves that the ndrangheta are expanding across Canada in the same way the Cosa Nostra did in the 70s.

I think the Calabrians are proliferating at a faster pace. Over the last decade or so, they've expanded exponentially compared to the pace LCN had before their eventual decline in the States.

On another note, there's a similar (NOT identical, Im not juxtaposing the situation in the two countries) issue in Australia where Italian-Australian gangsters are automatically lumped together with Ndrine elements or named as "mafia members". While the two are not mutually exclusive, they are often independant notions.

(cough.)