Originally Posted By: m2w
no way there is even a single made man from north or central italy in the world mafia history

I think that's a bit of a stretch. I mean, in the entire history of the American mob?

For awhile there, they were making guys who were only half Italian. So you're telling me they'd rather make a guy who is half Southern Italian/half something else, as opposed to a full blooded guy whose great grandparents came from north of Rome?

At this point the bloodlines are so watered down anyway, I'm sure you could sneak a guy in, providing he's vouched for by the right guy. Look at the Donnie Brasco thing. That was over thirty years ago and they were going to make him. Yes, as it turns out, Pistone is Southern Italian. But he got away with telling them that he was an orphan, so there was really no way for them to verify it.

Now mind you, I'm speaking of the American mob. I''d be willing to bet that, over the years, at least one guy who's family came from north of Rome slipped through the cracks.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.