As Richard posing for Angie, it was long coming. It's obvious she doesn't love Jimmy. She is partly afraid of him, partly have no courage to run away. His mother makes it even yuckier. It was comparatively a comfortable cop out for her to marry him. He treats her artistic nature no more than a maid at best, sad, sad, sad...

Richard on the other hand craves for human contact so much, he gets it wherever he can. Better yet, from what he envies the most, the Jimmy's (on the surface) picturesque family. If he goes further to betray Jimmy, I doubt it for now.

Gillian of course cannot forgive the Commodore. She just wanted her son to go up the power ladder with the Commodore's help. That's why she told him she has forgiven his father, while no one obviously can forgive being screwed up that bad.

Women on this show try to do the best with the little power of charm they have over the men, having no real authority themselves. That's one of the best angels of this show for me.

On another note, Capone on this Show IS FABULOUS. I actually enjoy his portrayal the most.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones