Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Yeah was real interesting, it would be unheard of today for a 28 year old mobster to be so powerful, feared and respected. I guess they don't make em like that any more!

In the US. In Italy, it is not uncommon for a boss to be in his 20's.

Can you give us some examples of young bosses in Italy Carmela and how long they reigned? Thanks man

2 off the top of my head were boss of Agrigento, Sicily. Giuseppe Falsone was not even 21 and boss for nearly 10 years. There was Gerlandino Messina, also boss of Agrigento, at 35 to present, although he's in jail for life, but no one has been named to replace him as of yet. I will post more later as I think of them.
You have Matteo Messina Denaro, who was allegedly made boss of bosses by the time he was 44.
Luciano Leggio was boss of Corleone at 33 when he shot and killed Navarra (previous boss of Corleone). Riina was 28.
Now these guys here, I'm just talking bosses. They were all feared mafioso as young men, all under 20. There's just so many to list if all you're talking about is feared made men in Italy. 18, 19, 20...these guys are made.

Last edited by carmela; 10/18/11 01:06 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.