Originally posted by AppleOnYa:

But my favorite ever was a local newscaster named John Johnson. He'd been on CBS for many years & several months earlier I'd heard that he left his job to care for his elderly father, ailing with Alzheimer's. I found this quite admirable (since my mother had done virtually the same for our grandmother) and vowed to myself if I ever happened to see Mr. Johnson on a NYC street I would go right over & shake his hand. Well one day on the way to visit my friend on the Upper West Side - guess who was waiting to cross at a light!! Gotta tell you, I almost chickened out, but thought that if I didn't do this I would NEVER forgive myself. So I walked over and shook his hand and told him why. He was very appreciative and friendly, then each of us went out own way.

Can't tell you how thrilled I get whenever I that story!!

Best,
AppleOnYa
Mr. Johnson now lives next door to my mother-in-law. He made her life hell this winter. They live on a private road and all the residents share the cost of a private plow to clean up the snow. Whenever the plow was late or didn't clean the road to his satisfaction, he'd call my mother-in-law to piss and moan.

Although my celebrity sightings are few and far between, I have shaken hands at several events with Governor Pataki and Sen. Clinton. Also, I did stay at the same hotel as Mickey Dolenz and Davey Jones last summer. Since I grew up having a huge crush on various Monkees (although Davey was always #1), I was in a swoon the entire time. I felt like Marcia Brady lol

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club