Originally Posted By: dontomasso
In fact Michael was not especially mean to Zasa.... instead he set a classic trap for him.

Why let Zaza know that Michael was on to him? What happened to keeping friends close and enemies closer? And when did Michael previously care what people called him behind his back as long as they did what he wanted?
Not to mention, that if he depended on Zaza, then why undermine him before the Commission - something that was bound to come back to Zaza eventually. And if he didn't - why meddle at all?

IMHO, this whole "dog" conversation was as out of character for the previously established Mike as was the gangster pinky ring that he sported in part III. It was something that a person who came up from the street and still cared about the street rep would concern himself with.

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Puzo and Coppola asked Paramount for at least six months to write the screenplay. But as Paramount wanted a release before christmas they only got six weeks! That's why there are so many plot holes in the film.

I am not sure about that. Aren't screenplays often substantially re-written in a very short time anyway? IMHO, it was more Coppola's desire, once he succombed to the inducement, to go for not just one, but two cash-cow GF movies. I feel that the decisions that I dislike most about GF III are based on that wink.

Last edited by Celebel; 10/16/11 06:47 AM.