So basically you missed my whole point. The fact is, I never denied there are criminal gypsies. I even concede that they're over represented criminally. So hate the criminals. Dont hate a whole race. And nothing for nothing, I think yigido only "apologised" in the face of all these retorts. You dont seem to understand the idea of racism. The idea of that there are inherent traits which justify discrimination. I fail to see how you guys are not being rascist when you refuse to admit there may be some "good" gypsies, because you know they are all "bad".

And as for one gypsy family in Australia, once again, my point was that wasn't just one family, there's a whole extended family comprising many family units. And these were good people, who like most other migrants, came for a better life.

And actually, I totally agrtee with m2w on this one, despite having had differences in opinions before.

Mussolini, Im not trying to diminish the fear or anger you or your sister in law felt. But if it had happened to be a black guy that had done it, would you be on here railing against black dudes? If it had been some white guy, would you be railing against "those damn crackers"? I dont think you would, but because you're so sure it must have been a gypsy, you have no problem writing them off as a people. Ask the Italian guys you mentioned, actually press them a little, and find out how many times they themselves have actually been robbed or scammed. You'll probably find that the vast majority are actually just going of things they've heard, but "know to be true!"

Originally Posted By: yigido

oh also the gypsie's are smart criminals. in paris they had some nice scams. one involved acting like deaf and mute. they would show you papers saying they are deaf and mute and there would be an autograph space on these papers. it said you would donate a few euro's and then you should sign the papers. here is the trick they see it when you grab your wallet than they hug you with 10 kids and take it frome where you put it in.

These are simple scams pulled the world over, by many different ethnicities. Sure some of them a deviously clever, but its not high crime. This is opportunistic.

(cough.)