Originally Posted By: joey_dice
Why would you want to get made in this day and age, if your made it's easier to get a Ricco charge because the connection to the "family" is easier to prove, you are a priced target for the FBI and will garner more attention to your activities. Personally I think being an avtive associate is a better gig these days.

The reason people become bosses is egos. The reason the bosses kill is their ego. The reason people get made is egos. They could just as easily decline, as Frankie Flowers did, never be viewed as a public menace. That's kind of what LCN is about. Having thin skin and killing over it, then making the guys who love themselves just as much.

Ivy, that excerpt is pretty funny. It's also a genius idea, finding an actual use for a bathroom stall and keeping it privatized while never asking anyone to leave the room. I remember a scene from Witness to the Mob where the Genovese were conducting meetings in public restrooms. I don't know if there was any factual basis, but it's pretty interesting. Also made way for the best line of the movie 'you're in the wrong room [Genovese member] I heard you sit down to piss'. Before Nicky Cowboy shoots him. But I digress...