It's fascinating that nudity can cause such discomfort when violence does not. Violence is much worse. Both Godfather movies had much more explicit violence than their forerunners. A lot of films coming out in that period did. Sonny's murder is a direct lift from Bonnie and Clyde, which was harshly criticized at the time by some for the explicit violence.

Those movies could have been shot w/o the explicit violence, as they would have been pre 1960 or so, but they weren't and I think they're better movies for it. It is all a directorial choice, as I wrote, and not every director can successfully use explicit violence and nudity but when it's needed I'm glad that those who are skilled enough to do so, have that choice.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.