Originally Posted By: olivant
Lilo, MUk has a point. Scenes of "apparent" nudity can be shot without nudity whether in a brothel or on the boardwalk. Many (probably most) directors today just don't care about any of the moral implications of what they film because "the human body is a thing of beauty".

To each their own. Every person has their own idea about what is gratuitous or not. I would not deny that some directors/actors/producers use nudity unnecessarily. But for me Boardwalk Empire doesn't fall into that category-not yet anyway.

I think that if you're going to tell a honest story about pimps (Capone and Torrio), drug dealers (Luciano), strippers,hookers and kept women (Jimmy's Mother, Lucy and most women that Nucky is interested in) there must be some nudity. How much? That's an artistic decision subject to market considerations like anything else.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.