Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Doesn't the Philly mob have 5 or so capos though?
To small to have 5 capos. I dont think they go by who is capo or underboss. Its the boss and whoever he is close with, and the rest are soldiers.

In recent years it doesn't seem there's been more than 4 captains/crews in Philadelphia.

But more and more, it's becoming less and less the clear-cut, traditional framework. In the last year or two, Ligambi was obviously the boss. And it came out in the indictment that Massimino was the underboss.

But it was telling in the indictment how Borgesi (if I remember right), Staino and Angelina were simply labeled "high ranking" members. Some reports had Lucibello higher up but he was labeled as a soldier or member in the indictment. Some reports have listed Lancelotti and Staino as captains.

I think as time goes by, the numbers shrink, and there's less to oversee, there's less of a need for a more hierarchical structure. So, like you said, it sort of becomes a situation of the boss, a few top guys underneath him, and then everyone else.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 10/05/11 03:47 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.