Although I don't condone his sexual escapades, I still hold JFK dear to my heart. It's true that his assassination endeared him even more, but let's remember that he never even completed a full term in office and it's hard to tell with his short term, exactly how his Presidency would have played out. We just have a short time of his Presidency to evaluate. ohwell

I was about 12/13 when he was running for President, and although I am not as politically informed as many of you, he is the one that got me into politics at a young age. I never listened to political debates before, but when he and Nixon had their famous debates, I could easily see, even then who had the "edge". wink

And yes, remember The Bay Of Pigs everyone? I remember the nation on needles and pins over the Cuban Missle Crises, and then the total "shock" of the assassination that had the country grieving together.

Although I understand that it should be expected that the President is our "leader" and SHOULD have a sense of morals, but in reality, I don't think that's always possible. If a President makes me feel safe and secure and is knowledgeable in the matters that concern our nation, I'll not condone, but will overlook his sexual appetite.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon