That's some interesting feedback and thanks for answering my questions.

However, I doubt if there would be another Sicilian family that takes over in Montreal. It's been thought that the ties between the Bonannos and Montreal have pretty much disolved over the years. The New York families are now said to be operating on a local level and it's stated that they now have a minor role in drug trafficking.

On the other hand, maybe the Bonannos saw this as an opportunity to re-establish ties with Montreal mafiosi via Montanga as a representative. That would be an interesting scenario. Some say the Bonannos are severly weakened themselves and aren't in a position to be part of this. But they still have at least 100 made guys and hundreds of associates so it's not like they don't have the muscle.

By the way, I was debating with someone about how many Calabrians and Sicilians were living in Canada. Based on the amount of Calabrian crime families in Ontario and Montreal it seems that Calabrians are in the majority. I also remember reading this somewhere. What do you think?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."