Has anyone been following the Amanda Knox trial? I can't say I know all the specifics but have been loosely paying attention. Anyway, from what I understand she was in jail in Italy for the murder of her roommate. She was acquitted today after spending 4 years in an Italian jail.

There was, from what I understand, (and feel free to correct me if I'm a bit off) a problem with how evidence (DNA) was handled. She originally implicated another man who it turns out was not involved. She was found guilty of slander for that reason and her four years in jail was considered time served.

Can't say I really have any idea if she is or isn't guilty. I hear part of the evidence they had to toss was her fingerprints on the handle of the knife. confused However, after that was tossed there was nothing else implicating her is my understanding. Strange case but I am sure her family is glad it's over. I feel for the parents of the victim though. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon