Originally posted by Anton The Penguin:
A few questions to those anti-French people on this board:

a) do you think that The Statue of Liberty should be taken down or hated because it was French-made and a gift from the French to the States because of 100 independent years?
b) do you think that the French should change the colour of their flag because they are using your colours or vice-versa?
c) why should a country have to help another one in a war which it disagrees with, and if it doesn't agree to help, then it will be hated by the other country?
d) why do you think that changing French fries to Freedom fries is offensive to the French at all; especially when French fries are fatty, heart-attack causing pieces of dried up shit that were never French in the first place?
e) what is the point of discriminating France/the French when that is exactly what your country is supposed to be fighting against; discrimination...in fact, your country stands for freedom and equality. A contradiction? Damn right.
f) no matter what you say, your president is nowhere [b]near
as suave and calm as Chirac. tongue
g) France hasn't caused any wars since...what...Napoleon? Where as you have...let's see Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, spring to mind...along with a lot of secret bombing in places such as Libya, Laos, and Syria to name a few...France is a peaceful nation, no matter what you say.
h) how much would you people hate French Muslims? ohwell
i) are babies never going to be called Claude, Pierre, Renard, or Marcell again?
j) name one American person who you can sincerely say was a better general than Napoleon.
k) this is more a question for people like Saladbar or Hollywood Hagan; how bad has anti-France gotten over there?
l) isn't a pacifist "country of love" better than one which causes numerous deaths and wars, in its own way? Maybe people in America are possibly better off in there than in France, but SERIOUSLY, France has not been responsible for many deaths since Napoleon...although the 95 nuclear testing was disgusting, America did its fair share as well. Also, how much freedom of speech does America have, really? I doubt you'll give me any convincing evidence...
m) and for a fun note: while you are making all these anti-French jokes, the rest of the world is making jokes about you. Just to point that out, not to say anything immediately "bad". ohwell

Thank-you, and think about it.

-Penguin [/b]
a)No, we should not tear down the Statue of Liberty just because the French people do not currently support the U.S.
b)The French have no reason to change the color of their flag, and we have no reason to change ours.
c)The French were supposed to be one of the most important allies of the United States. We have helped them through many probelms they have faced, from helping break the stalemate in WWI, to liberating them in WWII, and rebuilding their country after WWII. Now, when we require their help in the war against terror, they turn us down and yell about how we are war mongering imperialists. I guess the United States friendship with the French only works one way rolleyes .
d)Maybe French and/or Freedom Fries cause heart attacks, but they sure do taste good tongue .
e)We are NOT discrimnating agains the French. Just because we protest what they do to us, does not mean we are racist. You want to know what the only contradiction here is? It's the fact that people like you (and others) can say in the same sentence that the French have a right to say whatever they want about the U.S., and it is considered their right to free speech, but when we try and say what we think of another country, we're labeled as racists and bigots.
f)Chirac may be suave and calm (at least in your opinion), but he is also a first class liar. He says that the U.S. is only fighting for it's own interests such as oil, when he is the one trying to keep a brutal dictator like Saddam in power because he gets free oil from him.
g)Sometimes, a war is a better alternative than standing by and doing nothing except "negotiating", just like the French "negotiated" themselves into WWII and being conquered by the Nazis.
h)I will say this once again, the people of the U.S. (with some exceptions, as in every country), are NOT racist. We do not hate muslims, and we do not hate the French people. We do hate being stabbed in the back by what is supposed to be our closest ally, but I never knew that protesting the actions of another country or race was racist.
i)Babies can be named whatever the parents want them to be named.
j)hmm, George S. Patton, William T. Sherman, Robert E. Lee, those spring to mind. Anyways, Napolean was Corsican tongue .
k)hahaha, more a question for people that agree with your political views.
l)You could say that the French have caused pleny of deaths and wars too. They are NOT a peace loving people. They have been involved in Vietnam, Algeria and other parts of Africa, and other countries as well.
m)Other countries can make jokes about whatever they want, and I won't have a problem with it.

"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."

"Fredo, you're nothing to me now; not a brother, not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do."

"Only don't tell me you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence."