"If you mean the Wikipedia page that states as much, there is no citation for it and Wikipedia, while great for certain things, its OC and LCN pages have been shown to contain a number of inaccurate, incorrect and disputed "facts".

Some examples would be the page on Steve Crea claiming his family came from Piedmont, while various sources and certain posters insist he is Calabrian. Or that on Daniel Leo, claiming his family came from the region of La Marche, while others have claimed Napolitan descent. Though in those cases the argument may just be disputing the notion that some US mobsters came from northern stock, and/or that of various other Italian states.

Is it relevant to his criminal career, beyond being "Italian"? Not really. Is it esoterically interesting to us crime-buffs? No doubt.

The thing is; it doesn't take "numbers". People/families move and migrate for any number of reasons. You cannot definitively say that no Abereshe families ever settled in Naples, simply because they settled in "numbers" somewhere else.

Im more interested in the fact the Gigante name may or may not have Albanian roots more so then his actual genetic makeup. He's obviously Italian. Cultural identity comes from self expression as well as ancestry IMO. If you identify as Italian, you're Italian. If you identify as Australian, you're Australian."

it didn't come to wikipedia it was another source
like i said before i doubt there's even a single wiseguy in the whole lcn history from central-north italy or central-north italian descent they came all from the southern regions where the mafia is rooted
crea is obviously calabrian, that surname came from calabria for the most i don't daniel leo he could be sicilian or napolitan
yeah i can't definitively say there were not arberesh who settled in napoli like italians who settled in congo, who knows?
only an idiot could think there is even a single possibility over 30 millions that gigante relatives were arberesh since even in abruzzi and north calabria where they were mostly located they were very small in numbers
anyway believe what you want if it makes you better...

"There was certainly one guy that would have. He went by the name "JohnnyRed" (and several other names) over on the StreetGangs board a few years ago and was on the Real Deal for a short time before getting banned. His mission in life was to convince everyone Albanians were taking over anything and everything. That they had what he called the "Mafia gene" and were really the ones that spawned the Italian Mafia. Fortunately, he doesn't come around the forums anymore."

yeah i remember this johnnyred guy he was among the most idiot in the forums history, his stupidity was staggering
only an italian fanboy called faciulina in the same forum was as stupid as him