Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Good for him. Talk about inspirational? The guy was living in his car ten years ago!

It's so true, only in America.

Off topic, Lilo. What did you think of Perry's "feud" with Spike Lee.

The short answer is I think artists should probably avoid commenting on each other's work because it always comes out as jealousy or envy even when it's not. No one expects Woody Allen to comment on Michael Bay's work.

The longer answer-well I'll send you a PM but I would tend to side with Spike but with this caveat-the issue shouldn't just necessarily be Perry's alleged lack of skills or endorsement of tired tropes/warmed over stereotypes.

The larger issue is that it's a cultural problem that Perry is just about the only black director who can get a movie greenlit and distributed with a predominantly black cast.

Directors have ups and downs; one could make a strong argument that Lee's muse has left him. But there should be room for plenty of black directors/writers; not just one or two. That's too much pressure to put on any one man.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.