They went as far as issuing an arrest warrant from Rome, Sonny. Whether he cuts some sort of plea or not, some authorities in Italy seems to want to catch up with Rizzuto.

See IMHO, just because the Italian government has a history of corruption doesn't mean it is inherently "corrupt". In fact, I believe in many ways the Italian government is going further then it ever has before in targeting the mafia these days.

And Caramela, Lamoth and Humphries have claimed there are
"hundreds" but they dont always differentiate between soldier and associate and its unlikely there's that many made guys.

The thing is, the "core" of the Rizzuto Family is based around pretty much a handful or so actual blood and marriage relatives. An estimate of the made guys they muster between them alone would be about 40-50. There's other Families in Montreal, that were said to kowtow to the Rizzuto's, maybe you could double that figure of made guys, maybe even triple but thats a generous estimate IMO.

There are easily hundreds of associates though, which is of course where they get their strength. And as I think it was Lilo who put it once "I dont think the guy getting shook down cares whether or not the thug in his face has his mob Varsity letter".

I think Lamoth and Humphries assumed that because there were so many clans operating in Canada, the Rizzuto's were connected to alot more of them then actually were. Sixth Family is a great read, but it came out before all the recent drama's had really begun; Vito had just been jailed on the cusp of its release.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 09/15/11 05:40 AM.

(cough.)