Originally Posted By: vinnygorgeous217
If my opinion counts for anything, I truly believe the Calabrians are the ones behind this.

Calabrians most likely, but I doubt it are actually 'Ndrangheta groups from Toronto. Making a move to Montreal could bring serious complications for them; pressure from law enforcement, street gangs and other competitors like the West End gang, biker gangs with whom they need to form working agreements. It would take time and effort to establish a powerbase which probably isn't worth it. Things are going pretty well for them now in Toronto, why take unnecessary risks?

I'm highly interested in this whole situation and I follow it closely from the beginning. I think I've read every news article that's written about it and followed the debate about this on the real deal forum. From what I understand this is comming from Calabrians in Hamilton and Granby; Violi/Luppinos and 'D Amico's with the backing from 'Ndrangheta cells from Toronto and Calabrians within Montreal. There's a striking comparison with the Rizzutos take-over in the 1970s.

It apparantly started with a dispute between certain Rizzuto members and the 'D Amico clan from Grandby revolving around the refusal to pay depts, which set in motion a series of kidnappings. The 'D Amicos probably reached out to other Calabrians including Paolo Violi's sons, Domenico and Giuseppe, who took advantage of the situation by planning the retribution of the murder of their father, Paolo Violi. But I don't think they can just walk in and take over. It probably is the old Cotroni faction who are actually responsible for performing the take-over, probably hiring Calabrian contract killers from Toronto or Italy to do the dirty work. I think it's likely they got permission and the backing from 'Ndrangheta groups in Toronto.

This is my theory at least...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."