Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
You summed it up very well Mick.
What about the Scarcellas (headed by Pietro S.) in GTA.
Are they more Italian-Canadianizied rather than 100% Calabrian?

Yes. you have to remember, Scarcella is actually sicilian himself. He arrived in the 70's and got started as a driver for the late Paul Volpe. The Commissos actually had a contract out on him and Volpe in the early 80s, but later changed it so that only Volpe was in the contract. Of course that didnt work out for them at all, as the guy they hired was an informant, but thats another story.

I believe he was one of the higher ranking sicilian guys in Toronto, and boss of his own family(maybe more of a crew). From what I understand, he was allies with the Rizzutos. After being convicted for the attempted hit on Mike Modica that left an innocent woman paralyzed, I really have no idea how much power Scarcella has left in Toronto. I dont know where he stands with the much larger Siderno group. Word is he fell out of favour with mobsters after the botched hit. There was an attempted hit on him in prison back in 07, and according to this article, he is particularly wary of a Rizzuto connected mobster in the same prison. Not sure who that is, if I had to guess, maybe Joe Bravo. So it seems like Scarcella maybe doesnt have a lot of friends left. Here is that article:

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/202280

Quote:
What about southern Ontario's Musitanos?

Im not sure what to think of the Musitanos. They were also allies with the rizzutos. Some still think the rizzutos were connected to the musitanos taking out John Papalia.

The 2 Musitano kids got out of prison in 07, but I really dont know how active they are. I would think they have plenty of enemies in Ontario, after killing Papalia and reportedly putting out contracts on several Luppinos, a biker, and an unnamed businessman from Woodbridge. But nobody has ever tried to whack them so who know. I believe the Musitano kids are actually seen as wannabes to some people. One of them actually used to do a voice, a gravelly godfather sounding voice. I think this family was a lot more respected before the father passed away in 95.

Even though they are Calabrian, I exclude them from being involved in the plot against the Rizzutos. I just cant see them being part of it. just my opinion though.