Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: HermitKermit
Originally Posted By: m2w
"i mean for example medellin and the cali cartel and there arent pretty much organizations in west europe who are similar to the five families even the calabrians come here for a few years then they get screwed pretty fast because they lack manpower."

the sicilian mafia in italy has a similar structure the ny families were formed by sicilians at the end of 1800

"Look at the fall of the U.S mafia families compared to their power in the late 1950's, everything has a beginning and a end, nothing can last forever"

yes but the italian mafia survived more than anyone, it's still present after centuries in italy and more than 1 century in the states

I wouldn't say they survived more but more like they have more history, depending on the situation of course.

The mafia has been around much much longer than any cartel and it's ridiculous to compare the longevity of Mexican and Columbian cartels to the mafia.

To answer the TS's question, the reason the mafia survives is their structure and discipline that all others lack. Even kermits Mexican cartels are very chaotic and unstructured compared to the Italian mafia.

I don't really like going into these discussions because they usually turn into a pissing contest, again I never compared or intended to compare Colombian cartels or Mexican cartels to the Italian mafias or other criminal groups. All I said was that the current situation in said country/region is what matters most than criminal structure or discipline in the end.