Originally Posted By: Mukremin
All the other ethnic criminal groups will die and new ones will be born againt, but not with the Italian mafia. Thanks to the criminal structure and discipline that the others lack. They will always be there, and i am not talking about the main land italian mafia. The US italian mafia will also be here for now.
Thats the main reason why the others dont survive.

It really depends in a lot of things but every criminal group has different criminal structures even mafia families, for example the U.S government had a lot to do with the fall of Colombia's cartels(which they still exists). Colombia back then had a real enemy (FARC and guerrilla forces), and of course the cartels because Colombia is a weak country. So any of those groups could and were overthrowing the Colombian government, which meant U.S's influence/power in that part of the country/region/world was at risk. They had to go down no matter what....

Mexico in the other hand has the 13th largest economy(and their economy is booming even though there is a drug war) in the world and way less U.S influence, plus the cartels in Mexico can't, won't or have the power to overthrow the government because Mexico is somewhat of a strong state compared to the rest of the 150 or so countries. There are a lot of rumors to what Calderon's goal is(and U.S government to some extent), we will have to wait to find out. Like I said it really depends more on the situation than actual criminal structure, well at least in my opinion.

Look at the fall of the U.S mafia families compared to their power in the late 1950's, everything has a beginning and a end, nothing can last forever.