GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 493 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,522
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,121
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 60 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 59 60
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #613702
09/05/11 10:39 PM
09/05/11 10:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Frank DeLeo was a schoolmate of mine. My sister knew him though quite well and better than I did. He just died last week. He got in to the music business after high school with Epic Records. He ended up managing careers of REO, Michael Jackson, Ozzie, Meatloaf, Vandross, and many others. You may know him as Tuddy from Goodfellas or Mr. Big in Wayne's World.

He was short and stout in highschool and never lost the weight. I guess it's no surprise that his death was heart related. He was a good guy and I'm glad he had the success he had.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: olivant] #614130
09/10/11 12:08 PM
09/10/11 12:08 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline OP
The Italian Stallionette  Offline OP

California
Anyone here a Tarzan fan? Evidently TCM, every Saturday morning has been showing Tarzan films from the first talkie. eek I just tuned in to "Tarzan and The Lost Safari" (1957)with Gordon Scott. Remember him? Even as a very young kid, I thought he was so cute. smile

Anyway, I'm not much of a superhero type fan except for Superman & Tarzan. I love them both. Johnny Weissmuller though is my favorite Tarzan. smile If they are going chronologically however, I must have missed his, cause I think his Tarzan was in the 40's no?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614131
09/10/11 12:11 PM
09/10/11 12:11 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614132
09/10/11 12:15 PM
09/10/11 12:15 PM
California

California
Wow, that is a coincidence. I can't say I remember her specifically but am positive I saw the move listed, as I know I saw them all. Speaking of Jane, who disagrees that Maureen O'Sullivan was the best Jane? smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614134
09/10/11 12:18 PM
09/10/11 12:18 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
is everone following the current Curb Your Enthusiasm season?

I always loved that show but I couldn't watch it very often. now it's finally airing regularly in here but I hear the current season is being considered sub-par - by Larry David's standards - as it presents a lifestyle change for Larry which didn't fit very well. what you think?

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Tony Mosrite] #614136
09/10/11 12:25 PM
09/10/11 12:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm enjoying it, Tony. I've been a big fan since day one. Have you seen the season 8 episode where Larry and Rosie O'Donnell compete for the attention of a bisexual woman? It's an all timer. Absolutely priceless!

We have a "Curb" thread here, by the way.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614484
09/13/11 10:59 AM
09/13/11 10:59 AM
California

California
For those of you who can't wait, here's the new opening for Two & a Half Men. Personally, I liked the show although only started watching the last two years so I've missed a lot of episodes. Anyway, I don't hate him like a lot of people do, but, I think Kutcher may either kill the show or bring new life into it. We'll see.

smile
TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614485
09/13/11 11:03 AM
09/13/11 11:03 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
We won't know if it's true until next week, but I've read reports stating that Chuck Lorre really got in the last word with the Charlie Harper character. His death will be treated like a big joke, with no one really caring.

If it's true, it's kinda cold if you ask me.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614489
09/13/11 11:13 AM
09/13/11 11:13 AM
California

California
PB,

They talk about this show a lot on the morning radio show and Sheen himself has called in from time to time. According to them, Charlie dies when his car goes over a cliff (actually that's really happened here in CA, I believe two times. Once his car was stolen and they found it down a cliff. Don't know about the second time). They also said that former girlfriends (Jenny McCarthy for one) will show up for his funeral. Kutcher will be some kind of wealthy internet mogul or something, getting over a break-up and will buy Charlie's house. I assume Alan and his son will stay in the house. confused

Speaking of Sheen, this morning they talked about the Roast of Sheen which was filmed yesterday I think, and will be aired next week (same day as show I believe). According to what the radio reported, and Sheen himself said earlier, nothing is off limits in this Roast. They said jokes were in poor taste regarding domestic violence and other touchy subjects.

They "said" that Sheen ended up feeling bad and a little upset.

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614491
09/13/11 11:25 AM
09/13/11 11:25 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
They "said" that Sheen ended up feeling bad and a little upset.

Boo-hoo cry.

Now I like the show, and I think laughing at the character's demise is in poor taste, but Sheen made his bed. He's lived in the public eye his entire life. He should realize that when you live a certain way for the whole world to see, people are going to judge you.

It's bad enough that he's gotten away with more domestic abuse than Ike Turner. But that's because there are two judicial systems in this country. One for the rich and famous, and one for the rest of us. I live a moderately comfortable middle class life, but if I pulled half the shit that Sheen's pulled in his life (shooting Kelly Preston, beating Denise Richards, etc.), I'd STILL be locked up.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614494
09/13/11 11:53 AM
09/13/11 11:53 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It all comes down to choices. Sheen could choose to live a lawful and moral life, to give good example or not. He's chosen the latter. I have no sympathy for those for make such choices. My sympathy is extended to those who don't have such choices such as children. It's so, so true: you reap what you sow.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614523
09/13/11 03:54 PM
09/13/11 03:54 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm enjoying it, Tony. I've been a big fan since day one. Have you seen the season 8 episode where Larry and Rosie O'Donnell compete for the attention of a bisexual woman? It's an all timer. Absolutely priceless!

We have a "Curb" thread here, by the way.

I haven't seen this one yet. if HBO keeps airing Curb regularly I'll do it in 2 weeks as I just caught episode #6 yesterday. also I'm watching a few earlier season episodes online.

I liked the "Seinfeld" episode. how about you?

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Tony Mosrite] #614525
09/13/11 03:59 PM
09/13/11 03:59 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I actually enjoyed the Seinfeld "reunion" episode on CYE better than the actual finale.

Just the few scenes that were shot were great. George inventing the i-Toilet app for the iPhone, finally getting out from under, only to lose it all to Bernie Madoff?

Or Michael Richards thinking that Leon was a Black Muslim sent to hurt him for the racist remarks he made in real life a few years ago?

Only from the mind of Larry David. And only Larry David could pull it off without being offensive.

Priceless!

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614650
09/15/11 07:15 AM
09/15/11 07:15 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
People eat this s*** up. Go figure.

By dressing up as a woman, Tyler Perry became the highest-earning man in Hollywood.

According to Forbes' new report, the actor/writer/director/producer took in the most cash in show business from May 2010-May 2011, with his multiple movies and two TV shows earning him $130 million during that time frame. His "Madea's Big Happy Family," in which he played multiple roles, including the loud woman title character, earned $53.3 million, while "Why Did I Get Married Too" took in $60 million.

His shows include "House of Payne" and "Meet The Browns."

Coming in at number two at $113 million was Jerry Bruckheimer, the mega movie producer who flopped with a pair of live action titles (including Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia," which took in only $90 million and was one of the big busts of the year) but got back to his billion dollar ways with the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film, which took in $1.03 billion thanks to worldwide theater success.

Steven Spielberg, in his producing capacity, raked in $107 million. And that doesn't even include the success of this summer's "Transformers 3" or "Super 8," or the upcoming films that he's directing, "The Adventures of Tin Tin," and "War Horse," both of which come out this fall. He's also a producer behind "Men in Black III," which, presumably, may make a few bucks.
Huffington Post Article

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #614655
09/15/11 10:42 AM
09/15/11 10:42 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good for him. Talk about inspirational? The guy was living in his car ten years ago!

It's so true, only in America.

Off topic, Lilo. What did you think of Perry's "feud" with Spike Lee.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #614657
09/15/11 10:49 AM
09/15/11 10:49 AM
California

California
Does anyone remember the movie "Straw Dogs" with Dustin Hoffman and Susan George? Probably not one of Hoffman's more popular movies but I remember seeing it when it was out and when Hoffman was at the height of his career. When I saw the title of the new film, I checked to see if it was the same movie and it is a remake. Just for fun, I found the trailer for the original with Hoffman as well as the new trailer. smile

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614658
09/15/11 10:56 AM
09/15/11 10:56 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I remember it, but never saw it.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614701
09/15/11 06:25 PM
09/15/11 06:25 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Does anyone remember the movie "Straw Dogs" with Dustin Hoffman and Susan George? Probably not one of Hoffman's more popular movies but I remember seeing it when it was out and when Hoffman was at the height of his career. When I saw the title of the new film, I checked to see if it was the same movie and it is a remake. Just for fun, I found the trailer for the original with Hoffman as well as the new trailer. smile

I don't remember it when it came out as I had just arrived on the planet lol tongue but I do remember seeing it in college and being alternately impressed and disturbed by it. I wrote a review of it here.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614702
09/15/11 06:36 PM
09/15/11 06:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Good for him. Talk about inspirational? The guy was living in his car ten years ago!

It's so true, only in America.

Off topic, Lilo. What did you think of Perry's "feud" with Spike Lee.

The short answer is I think artists should probably avoid commenting on each other's work because it always comes out as jealousy or envy even when it's not. No one expects Woody Allen to comment on Michael Bay's work.

The longer answer-well I'll send you a PM but I would tend to side with Spike but with this caveat-the issue shouldn't just necessarily be Perry's alleged lack of skills or endorsement of tired tropes/warmed over stereotypes.

The larger issue is that it's a cultural problem that Perry is just about the only black director who can get a movie greenlit and distributed with a predominantly black cast.

Directors have ups and downs; one could make a strong argument that Lee's muse has left him. But there should be room for plenty of black directors/writers; not just one or two. That's too much pressure to put on any one man.

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #614705
09/15/11 07:00 PM
09/15/11 07:00 PM
California

California
Lilo,

Is that "your" review page? confused Pretty cool. I enjoyed reading the review because I believe the last and only time I saw "Straw Dogs" was when it was in the theater in 1971. eek (I know you were just a gleam you in father's eye) wink

Anyway, it refreshed my memory. Kind of a downer movie but I remember liking it. It's one Hoffman film that I don't think is ever shown on tv (or not often at least).

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/15/11 07:01 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614706
09/15/11 07:09 PM
09/15/11 07:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Yup, TIS. That's mine. There are many like it but that one is mine. lol

I think I will go see the remake just to see how they handle some of the film's more problematic scenes.

Winter is Coming

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Lilo] #614712
09/15/11 08:09 PM
09/15/11 08:09 PM
California

California
Cool. I assume you keep it current for the most part? I'll check it out from time to time. smile

Speaking of Straw Dogs and Hoffman movies, which back in the 70's they ALL were big and I've seen them most if not all of them. Another one that is never on tv and was popular was "Little Big Man."

smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/15/11 08:30 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614733
09/15/11 09:49 PM
09/15/11 09:49 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
James Marsden has always played such happy-go-lucky guys, I can't imagine him in this role. I'll look forward to a review!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #614737
09/15/11 10:04 PM
09/15/11 10:04 PM
California

California
SB,

I know that name (Marsden) what else was he in. I know I've seen him in something but not sure what? Do you know offhand?

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614740
09/15/11 10:35 PM
09/15/11 10:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
He was Corny Collins in "Hairspray", Kevin in "27 Dresses" as well as the Prince in "Enchanted". He's usually funny, very smiley, so I can't imagine in such a dark role.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #614741
09/15/11 10:40 PM
09/15/11 10:40 PM
California

California
SB,

I heard of but didn't see any of those movies, so I did a search (which actually I should have done in the beginning) tongue and the movie I recently saw him in was "The Box" with Cameron Diaz. HBO has been showing it fairly regularly and I knew the name rang a bell. Very different movie btw. smile

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614747
09/15/11 11:02 PM
09/15/11 11:02 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
If you like musicals, "Hairspray" is wonderful. "Enchanted" is a very funny take on the typical fairy tale, and "27 Dresses" is a below-average rom-com, but it's fun.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #614997
09/19/11 01:29 PM
09/19/11 01:29 PM
California

California
I watched several repeat episodes of "Boardwalk Empire" yesterday on HBO just to refresh my memory. It really irks me how few episodes consist of a season and how damn long it is between seasons. Maybe I'm old but damn, it takes a refresher course to keep interested. rolleyes

I also enjoy "Walking Dead", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" and again, they are off-season way longer than they are on.

Speaking of Boardwalk Empire, Martin Scorsese won for best director at the emmys yesterday. smile

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614999
09/19/11 01:42 PM
09/19/11 01:42 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Maybe I'm old ......

MAYBE????? eek

It is still better than the long wait between seasons of "The Sopranos".

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring [Re: SC] #615000
09/19/11 01:51 PM
09/19/11 01:51 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: SC
Maybe I'm old ......

MAYBE????? eek

It is still better than the long wait between seasons of "The Sopranos".

Oh yea, I hated the wait between Soprano seasons too, probably moreso. NONE of the cable shows(even with the long wait between seasons) I watch now, create the same excitement as when the Sopranos was on.

smile

TIS

Page 53 of 60 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 59 60

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull