Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Accidental re-post. Might as well add something.

Ivy, I don't exactly understand what happened with D'elia. He became a snitch, but on a very specific operation. Therefore he wasn't exactly ratted out all his fellow made men, right? Did the family just lose hope after that? I've always thought the Bufalino Family was a decidedly small family. Russell kept 40-ish made guys around, and I always think there has to be a reason. Maybe to keep a low profile? In any case, it hasn't helped the family survive. But they had a great run.

good point its kind of like the mikey franzese who didnt rat out his fellow made guys...

Almost missed this amongst all the gibberish that scottish cock-sucker was posting.

D'Elia's an interesting guy for sure. I could never quite understand how as an actual boss he would let the Family just disintegrate. Was there really not one guy he thought he could make in all that time?

Ivy answered some of my questions about D'Elia a while back, it was about the time they were moving him round different prisons a lot and the Louie DeNaples thing was still going on. You may well have read it already, but just in case it's;
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573048

I think I missed that post by BarretM too. If memory serves, the Bufalinos (like Pittsburgh) were one of the families that NY put a freeze on as far as making new members. So general attrition quickly took it's toll. And, as said, they were always a relatively small family anyway.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.