Originally Posted By: vinnygorgeous217
Well I think that outside of New York, there are some Families that are stable organizations that represent Cosa Nostra, or meet the criteria for RICO. In Philadelphia you had Joe Ligambi and a sound Administrstion. This Ligambi organization might go down as one of the most successful after all the plea deals for lesser sentences. I think the only one that is going to really get scorched is Joe Massimino after the state nails him for drugs on top of his federal sentence. Plus the Ligambi organization showed it could murder to silence anyone that proved detremental to the organization. If Ligambi and his guys did not get indicted and taken off the street with all these Merlino and Scarfo guys comin out, this Family definately would be a force to reckon with, they would have swept back New Jersey, and moved elswhere. The Outfit is obviously to me the most stable organization right now at the present time. John Difronzo has a sounder administration than Ligambi put together, plus the Chicago guys have loyal young blood and soldiers to do the dirty work, while all the older top bosses like Difronzo sit on their legitimate businesses. Plus Difronzo's administration are mostly Family, and lifelong friends. This family is so stable the FBI does not know how many members are bosses it has, it's really profit focused and low-key. In Boston the Patriarcas are pretty sound but seem to not be able to get things really organized. The reason being is that the men at the top were for years soldiers and muscle, and dont really have the finess and business savy mindset to make large amounts of money. The days of shaking down restraunters and bookmakers are over unless you have a large amount of manpower behind you. But I think the Patraircas were in good shape 10 years ago, they had a stable administration in Luigi Manocchio and Carmen Dinunzio. Both guys well respected and earners, one from the old Raymond Patriarca days, to a guy that came up under Tony Spilotro in Las Vegas. But after them there a group of wiseguys who made their money the traditional way, and the family has young blood, but not the type of blood to open legitemate businesses or run stock scams, they just terrorize people for cash. But the Patriarcas have alot of guys on the street, but Mark Rossetti flipping is going to diminish the family greatly. In New Jersey the Decalvalcante's remian a reckoned with LCN Family with an old school Sicilian Francesco Guarraci running the show, who reportedly takes alot of orders from John Riggi who mis doing life, and Guarraci has Joe Miranda at his side, a proven guy. For years New York and Philly crouched their turf, but in the last 8 years that has been a problem for outside Families in North Jersey. I give this Family credit, they lost most of their members in 2003 in that huge mob case that yielded alot of convictions and rats, but the Family reportedly has about 60 strong on the street with hundreds of associates, currently they outnumber the Philly, Boston, and Detroit guys by a hundred lengths. Detroit is very low key, but from what I read they are stable and very much active in the Cosa Nostra circles, we have to remember that this is a secret society, the Families are not giving anything away we and law enforcment have to try to figure it out, I know Detroit is stable and has contacts across the country for a lot of things, and I would say the same for Buffalo as well. Now the Cleveland, K.C, and Milwaukee crews according to an FBI report released a few years ago were reporting to the Outfit in Chicago. Whatever remains in those locations reports to Chicago and falls under the Outfits umbrella as what was documented.
]

frank guaracci got indicted/is in jail for trying to extort a pizzeria like 2 yrs ago in NJ

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.