Carmine Persico had Hugh "Apples" McIntosh. Gotti had Willie Boy. Joe Watts did his thing with the Gambino's for ages. Russel Bufalino had Frank the Irishman Sheeran. Joe Barboza hung around the Patriarca's for decades (in that case they were totally, totally wrong) Vito Rizzuto had that Spanish guy they called Joe Bravo. You often read about non-Italian crew members, guys either lifelong friends with or related to wise-guys, or just good at what they do. LCN wouldn't work as well as it did without its associates of all stations and ethnicity. I dont think there's ever been enough criminally inclined Italians in America for that it to be a economically feasible option to only deal within the race.

So I just never got what the hell Stanfa was thinking. I mean, he was from the Old School. He was born in Sicily, and through his family's connections to the banished Inzerillo's, he had ties to Carlo Gambino himself...and yet even with such pedigree's he just couldn't seem to make a go of it.

And I just dont understand how a guy like that was comfortable making his associates. Even if they were half-Italian, just the wrong half. I bet there were some wiseguys pissed off about that.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 08/27/11 04:39 AM.

(cough.)