This is so interesting. Ever since I was a kid, people on welfare have been targets for scorn. However, it's only been within the last year or two that people receiving unemployment benefits, as a class, have been under attack. I think it's because many Americans are under the impression that things are just "supposed" to be okay, that things are just "supposed" to go right. Now that they are not okay and not going right, many Americans look for someone, some group, some class, some organization to blame, to make the target of their scorn. By the way FS, among the many things I've learned as a Board participant is that I will have some of that scorn directed at me from time to time and be "chewed up." Such is part of the nature of the Board.

There's something of value in FS's posts on this subject. As I posted above, I do have a concern that LN used some of his scarce funds to buy an optional item - a gun. Unless there is some urgent need which has not so far been stated, I think it should have been the last thing on his purchase list. Maybe it was.

By the way, I just tuned in Fox's Megyn Kelly and she is asking a panel of citizens "who do you blame for the economy?"

Last edited by olivant; 08/25/11 02:45 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."