Originally Posted By: Longneck
Haha. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

It's amazing what you can do when you save up money for a year. You might even be able to spend $300! I can't remember the last time I ate out for a meal or went to a movie or just went out in general. We save at least $20 each week using coupons, that number sounds low to me though, sometimes it's $50 in 1 trip.

Sounds llike your family is doing a great job trying to save on things. I know it can't be easy with things going up each and every day.

I've been a stay at home dad this entire time taking care of the house, the yard, and the garthe current job market den, oh and my daughter while my wife works full time as a Registered Nurse.

I've sent out at least 3 applications a week since November and I've gotten maybe 10-15 responses, a lot of times that's a "we've hired someone else."

I don't think you have any idea what the current job market is like right now.

Of course we all know what the the current job market is, we are in it! Why is it that people who are out of work think that no one else knows any thing about the work place? or that we can't understand what it is like not to have a job? Or that we don't know how hard it is to find a job? Only three a week?, send out as many as there are job openings if you must. Read on ....

When you factor in things like having a small child, having 1 car and a spouse that works full time, a job needs to pay a certain amount of money in order to just break even.

It seems just about every job wants you to have a lot of experience and more and more companies are phasing out full time jobs so they don't have to offer benefits the retail stores you mentioned are a great example of this. Employers can afford to be extremely picky, and they know it.

Welcome to the new world market. Jobs are fewer and fewer as things go overseas. Pay scare is going down and benifits are being cut right and left. Some companies started doing this years ago, others are just staring to do it , but one thing is for sure, it isn't going to change any time soon. As we have so few jobs around. And yes those jobs will go to people who are the best in their field. So were does it leave others? At the bottom of the pile...LOOKING!

Everything is slowed down as far as hiring (and the amount of work) everywhere. I didn't graduate college, and I don't have any experience in doing skilled jobs. I applied for a plumbing apprenticeship which involves picking up an application in the 3 hour window one day a month they give them out, filling that out, scheduling work keys tests, taking the tests for about 3 hours in a different city, and then waiting for those results to come in the mail, then you take them to the union hall and set up your interview, do the interview and then wait... I got the 25th best out of about 300. They took 2 people in for the program.

Your right, it sure can be tuff to go thru all that without getting something. When you factor in the people who are leaving their fields because the job market sucks, and are jumping into a new or other job markets to find work makes it even more crowded, then it becomes even harder.

But you can give every excuse in the world why you are sitting home and collecting a check. In fact that is what the check is for. PEOPLE who are not working. AND belive me, I am not knocking you for not having a job. Not that I like the guy who makes ever excuse why he doesn't have a job when we all know he just doesn't want to work. Lets face it....we all know these types, right?

But let's be trueful here. I for one think that you may have come across as one who made a poor choice in some way. You are getting a check for the system, while you wife is working hard to bring the money you need to live. Saving all you can ....and you think it was a wize thing to go out and buy a gun so you have something to shot pop cans with?

You spent a long time talking about this new toy....when maybe you should have saved that money in case something comes up, like an auto repair or an unseen bill that may happen at the worst time. Fixing the car that helps you get to work would be way more important if it happen to break then having a new play thing.

Even if the funds went to buy something like extra food or a movie rental would make more sense then that. Something to pamper the working lady would have been more special to her? How in the world did the wife not bitch?

Well I have to go do some work, If I get the chance I will post some ideas that may help you land a job.....

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!