Frank, perhaps you think I'm some sort of snob about what kind of work I do. My husband and I have worked clerical jobs, retail jobs, temp jobs, landscaping, anything to make ends meet when we've had to. And I can tell you that those jobs are no longer available as they once were.

The biggest problem is the way that you have to apply for jobs today. It used to be that you could go door-to-door in shopping centers to try and land a retail job. Today, they won't even talk to you. They tell you to go home and apply on the website. Guess what? The companies are so overwhelmed with applicants they don't even bother reading them after the first fifty or sixty.

I registered with my temp agency right after the new year. They love me, tell me I'm extremely professional and are thrilled with my performance. You know how many assignments I've gotten? Two, and they've both been short term. The jobs are simply not there. The woman at the temp agency told me that their clients just aren't bothering.

However, you're so ridiculously intransigent, so blinded to any opinion but your own, that I'm sure I just wasted whatever time it took me to type this response.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club