Really? Because someone is out of work that means they're "milking the system"?? How ridiculous. I work in real estate, but my business is down significantly over the last few years. Because of that, I've been looking for work for some time now. I check monster.com each and every day. I've also registered with temp agencies. I've applied for jobs that I'm ridiculously over-qualified for, but I still haven't found a permanent job. The one position I've been offered was 10 hours a week for $12 per hour.

There was an editorial in our local paper this weekend about how employers are taking advantage of the economy. They don't hire, they have employees doing the work that used to be done by several people, despite the fact that US corporate profits are up 22% since 2007. People put in dozens of extra hours per month because they're terrified of losing their jobs, so they put up with ridiculous demands. McDonald's had approximately 62,000 job openings last year. They received over One Million applications.

Still think those that are out of work are just milking the system?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club