I was about to start a new thread on this. Kudos to the Search Function!

This wasn't so bad at all! Sure they had alot of pretensions (Soprano's had that recurring theme of Italian-Americana in it; it's like TBD tried to capture the same kinda zeitgeist for Irish-America but fell way, way short)

Still, as a crew of young Irish guys from Hell Kitchen, I thought they they did alright. It had a great premise; the small crew inadvertently drawn deeper and deeper into the life, through the older brothers trangressions against the local wiseguys (ie-murdering smalltime bookie Louie Downtown, a nobody but for the fact he's the nephew of local capo Sal Minetta. And Kirk Acevedo's turn as one of said wiseguy's, as usual from Miguel Alvarez, awesome.

I liked the unreliable narration of Joey Icecream, and I thought the plotline that saw a young Jimmy Donnelly waiting for his father in the car while listening to music through his headphones, blissfully unaware of the wiseguy's beating his father to death outside the car window was poignant. Especially as a catalyst for Jimmy's later problems with the local mobsters.

I thought that each of the brothers, while slightly clich, were still pretty well thought out. Huey Farrel, a cool character, and his brother Dokie, a typically great turn by Peter Greene.

Overall,despite a number of compelling aspects, it did fall short of what they were trying to pull off. Still, I would've watched a second series. There's been far worse over the years which managed a decent run. I feel like there was some definite potential here.

(cough.)