Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's the thing about these early movie drafts that have become available online (and not just "The Godfather" films). They were all ultimately edited, so there's little sense in debating "what might have been."

So there's actually a third draft? Didn't know they could do that in just a couple of days. Can you show it to me?

No, Sonny. You're 100% right; that's the "final draft," as far as I know. And I've searched the Internet far and wide over the years.

I know it's confusing because I keep referring to it as an "early draft." But I only do that because there were so many changes made to it, it seems like an early draft.

You know what would be great? If they'd come out with "The Annotated Godfather Part II," like they did with the original a few years ago. That would answer a lot of questions. And I'd REALLY love to see the first draft! No one ever brings the first draft up here, but I'd love to see if Clemenza was going to betray Michael the same way Pentangeli did (if you call what Pentangeli did a betrayal; some people don't).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.