Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I have never been able to get into Woody Allen. I've only seen a couple of his films but he's simply not funny to me. If I see his name in a movie it's an automatic, I'm not interested. confused
TIS

Do you like slapstick?

Hey Lilo! smile

Hmmm I guess mostly no. I know I'm very outnumbered here but I have never been a Three Stooges fan but I do love the Marx Brothers.

Years ago (in the 70's) my husband and I went to see "Sleeper" Woody Allen's new movie at the time. We went with another couple. They were cracking up during the whole film. Both my husband and I didn't get the appeal and didn't laugh at all. confused Honest though, I DO have a sense of humor. tongue
TIS

I'm not the biggest Allen fan but his early movie "Take The Money And Run" had a lot of slapstick and Borscht Belt humor although the film was uneven and choppy.

After five minutes he knew he was going to marry this girl. And after fifteen minutes he completely gave up the idea of stealing her purse. lol
But YMMV of course. To each her own.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.