Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That article is 14 years old, Gerry. I'm sure that if something was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

I don't believe it anyway. Barney was like a son to Sammy Santora. He practically grew up within the 116th Street crew. Now I'm not saying that Ida wasn't upset about. He may have been. But to try to order a guy as high up as Barney murdered, he would have set off a civil war within the family. And to Ida's credit, he had to know that. The guy knows cosa nostra. That's why I don't believe it.

Personally, I think it was just a rumor started by the Feds to get Barney to flip, which will NEVER happen. The guy is as old school as he is brilliant. And there's no way in Hell he's been put "on the shelf." He's probably acting boss, at the very least. But with the Genovese family, you never really know who's who and what's what. And that's just the way they want it wink.

I'm aware how old the article is, but remember, Bellomo has been in prison nearly all of that time, or supervised release, making him a difficult target.