Interesting topic. I have a goatee and believe me it is a lot of work -- use a trimmer to keep it closely trimmed and then the razor to make it straight is time consuming. So why keep it?? I dont know my wife likes it an maybe if people focus on that they wont focus on other flaws LOL

I do remember I was on vacation for two weeks and came back to the office with a full beard (of clurse it was trimmed neatly. I am thinking '01 or '02. Our dress code was "professional" dark suit - white shirt typeof code and no one had any facial hair. SO I kind of did it as a joke. I was the number 3 guy there. My boss gave me a hard time about setting the example blah blah blah and I told him I dress better than he does so shove it. Told him I was planning to shave it off anyone - just wanted to see peoples expressions. So he kept giving me a hard time and the more crap he gave me - the longer I kept it.

Then finally my wife said enough. SO I started shaving the sides and she came in and said keep the goatee so I did and have ever since.

Now color -- that's another story LOL