Well Carmageddon officially starts tonight in which they are closing the 405 freeway for the weekend. Thankfully I never use that freeway but it is one of the busiest in the L.A. area. I've not been following all the details but the news here is really building this closure up. I heard that there might be "block" parties on/by the off-ramps. Don't know if that's true.

The radio station is giving away Carmageddon survival kits" including, snacks, water and a road map circa 1950's to help you get around using side streets. lol They are actually encouraging people to stay home and relax the weekend because evidently that freeway is extremely busy even during the weekends. God, I'm glad I don't travel anywhere near it. It's gonna make every other freeway in the area and even nearby side streets extra busy.

Btw, Jet Blue was offering $4.00 fares (sold out now) to/from the L.A. - Long Beach area. And, several bicyclists said they can ride that same distance in the less time than it takes to fly Jet Blue. So Jet Blue offered a plane seat for another passenger to fly and see if that person arrives at the destination before or after the bicyclists. lol

I don't have any links because I just hear these tidbits on the news. I'll try to find some though and add to this post to anyone who might be interested.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/15/11 11:50 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon