In the midwest, this might have been one of the best live acts that you could see in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

And although Rainbow's version of this next song is the more popular version, Head East actually recorded the first cover version of Russ Ballard's "Since You Been Gone."

...waiting for SC to post-up about seeing this band when he was a student at Bradley University in Peoria back in the day! I think we had this conversation once before in a similar music thread.

Ronnie says...
Quote:
From 1979 on his self-titled album, a prophecy of pop music for the next 5 years {segue to "Bambi" by Prince}.

From that same album, "Feel For You" which Ch-Ch-Chaka Khan covered a few years later. Also, "Still Waiting," an extraordinarily popular song (along with "Controversy," the title song from the album released just before 1999) in the post-disco R&B club scene in the early 1980's.

Danito -- Tom Waits' Closing Time is one of the albums/CD's that I would choose if I were trapped on a desert island and I got to pick five albums that I could bring with me....which in the era of the mp3 player, seems like a ridiculous exercise...

Snake / Lilo -- For a long time Led Zepplin's "Hey, Hey What Can I Do?" was only available as the B-side of an import 45 that featured ??? on the A-side. (I honestly can't remember what song is on the A-side...I gotta quit cooking with aluminum...and the sad part is that I just went to look for my copy of the 45 and I can't find it...maybe I came home to the wrong house...)

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"