Originally Posted By: Fame
Too bad there was a lot more about the heat than the Mavs.

I do not disagree Fame. If you turned on any sports show last week, from Colin Cowherd, Jim Rome, Mike & Mike, to Dan Patrick, it was all about how the Heat lost rather than the credit the Mavs deserved in winning.

You say the Heat bashing is getting old and I will agree to a point. However, the Miami Heat in general and LeBron James in particular alienated a lot of fans. I would even buy the argument that the Heat are just feeling the effects of the hatred which is primarily directed toward LeBron. It was very pompous for him to go on tv with the 'decision.' Players like Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett all had at least one something and never made such a spectacle out of themselves in free agency. Worse yet, James relished in the idea of teams coming in to kiss his ass while all the while he had this secret arrangement to go to Miami pre-arranged. I even made the comment to a friend that even if LeBron had resigned in Cleveland, I would have lost all respect for him as person for how he handled last summer.

But when you pose for a picture like this, acting like you have won it all before ever stepping on the court together, then I have no sympathy for the backlash that ensues.

The "problem" with LeBron and the Heat would quiet down if they would just shut up. Nobody wants to hear when Bosh said "we just want to chill." And I think LeBron's criticism is well-deserved when he talks about winning "multiple championships" and then withers away in the game's biggest stage. Like it or not, Wade, Bosh & LeBron put this target on their backs. Not so much Wade, but if LeBron just did his talking on the court, much of this media circus would quiet down.