We had jokes all over the place, soap-operas plots and scandals, you name it. Mocking Dirk was so wrong and stupid, no argument there. But on the other hand, criticizing the heat for celebrating good momentum mid-game was no more than silly, I'll show you great athletes all over the world do that during games to motivate themselves, there's nothing wrong about that, but hey that's another storyline because they ended up losing that game... A goddamn circus cos basketball alone was just not enough. And don't get me wrong, Im in no way a fan of LeBron or the heat, but this hate-fest is getting old. Too bad there was a lot more about the heat than the Mavs.

"I asked LeBron for a dollar, and he gave me 75 cents. He doesn't have the last quarter"

"LeBron is 26, looks 36, and acts 16"

etc etc.

He's the most hated athlete, made the heat the most hated team, but the more you talk about him, the less you talk about how great was Dirk. The more you talk about the heat, the less you talk about the mavs. Maybe we should say instead how awesome were those mavs! and sadly I hardly hear that.

Now Dirk was unbelievable. Pure shooter, perhaps the best in the league together with Kobe and Durant. But not just shooting - plenty of character in every aspect of the game. And even when he had 1 for 12 in that first half, he still kept on shooting, and that's why he deserves this MVP. I'm glad he's finally champion. Terry and Kidd did their work bigtime as well, but I was mostly impressed with Barea. This little guy was fearless, from in or from outside the guy just delivered.

I got plenty more to say about the rest of the playoffs, and the entire season, but I'll do it next time.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)