Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
The song from that album I really wanted to post here but couldn't find even the audio was "If You Go Away" (in French Ne e Quitte Pas). I just love his version.

Fascinating. I never knew Mitch Ryder recorded ballads; I do remember some of his more "up-tempo" tunes.

An unrelated footnote: Ne Me Quitte Pas was written in 1959 by Belgian songwriter Jacques Brel. Nine years later, Off-Broadway audiences became much more familiar with him through a musical revue of translated/adapted songs called Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris. The show was amazingly popular and enjoyed a healthy run. When the little-seen film version was made in the mid-1970's, some changes in the song lineup occurred - and Brel himself appeared in the film. He sang Ne Me Quitte Pas (in French, of course), and while a clip from that film does not appear to be on the Internet, an earlier video of him singing it has been posted on YouTube.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."