You want obscure, I'll give you obscure. I can't find a picture of the album to even post, let alone a song, BUT I did find a link that called it a piece of junk. lol

Only the oldtimers will remember Mitch Ryder (and the Detroit Wheels). They were famous for "Devil With A Blue Dress/Jenny Take a Ride" and other high energy R&R tunes. The kind my mom would always make me turn the volume down. lol

Well in or around 1967 Mitch Ryder recorded an album called
"What Now My Love" (song is actually a French tune). It was very "out of character" for his style. One side was all Rock and the other all ballads. Who would have thought that I'd prefer the ballads to the rock on that album. I absolutely love his version of "What Now My Love" and "Born To Lose" (Ray Charles). Hard to explain, but it's a different sound. Evidently, I am probably the only one who likes it.

I have it only on an LP and am having turntable issues. Plus, I'd love to get it new on CD but can't find it anywhere. Even when I go to Mitch Ryder sites, I've seen the songs listed that he's recorded but NOT that particular album.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/03/11 12:00 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon