Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
If anyone of these fucking morons flip over something as little as gambling and extortion then the mob is officially through lol.

Yeah, that about sums it up. If a made guy flips over anything less than 20 to life, then it's really over. If a guy flips over being caught with a numbers sheet in his back pocket, they may as well turn everything over to the Asians and the Russians right now. This is a penny ante case that wouldn't have gotten any press at all prior to the Internet. It's hardly national news, and I haven't even seen it covered (except for maybe a blurb) in the New York papers. It's bullshit.

I'll bet that right now Ligambi can probably plea to 7 years or less, as long as he's willing to allocute to being a "member" of something. That admission is boilerplate in these deals today. The New York families have made it the norm. A boss admits to being part of a criminal organization without giving anyone up, he comes out with his stripes a few years later. It's one of the changes that's allowed the mob to hang on. Twenty five years ago it was unthinkable. Today it's the norm.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.