Originally Posted By: GerryLang
It must really blow to be denied bail, because it could take ages to actually go to trial, like the situation with Tommy Shots in NYC, hes been sitting in a federal detention center for a few years now. This could be a tactic the FEDS are using to see if anyone cracks. I also think they didn't charge Merlino with anything, atleast not yet, to isolate him, or have other members think he might be helping the FEDS.

This is Classic Federal Investigation 101. Round up 10-15 wiseguys, try your very best to get bail denied for a few of them. Let them sit in the can and stew, visit them and tell them how "bad it looks for them", tell them others are flipping so nows there chance, blah,blah,blah.

If I were a Boss and they denied bail to one of my Capos I would be VERY worried. They try to make these guys sit in the can until the decide to flip.

In all honesty, its a for of interrogation. They keep them in a tiny holding cell in county jail, deny them the basics, basically make it as miserable for them as they can.

It used to be Bosses would worry when guys made bail so quickly, now they get worried when they are denied bail.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left