Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
I wonder myself about that. Will some of these throw in the towel? Can a guy like Joe Ligambi decide "enough is enough" & retire? How does that work? Does he even have enough of a nest-egg to retire on after all these years? I mean, Cosa Nostra isnt exactly known for its superannuation scheme.

Guys like Staino, would he even be "allowed" to retire, as such? Like Vitti in Analyze This? Im actually serious but. For some reason I cant seem to imagine this happening in New York in decades past, but if it would ever happen, it'd be in Philly today.

Some guys have been allowed to retire. Michael Franzese, John Gotti, Jr., Joe Bonanno and a few others. Also, when people get high up in age, they're usually put on the shelf and get to live out the rest of their lives in some condo in Miami. A guy like Staino probably could retire, but I'm sure his friends would be disappointed. They'd probably eventually understand. The guy just got married and has a little baby. But them by granting him this favor, doesn't mean they can't use him. A lot of people believe the Colombos have been utilizing Michael Franzese for many years. He's even paid legal bills for a few high ranking guys. That guy is at the very least playing a fringe game. An absolute hypocrite if you ask me.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008