Top 3

Three songs each tonight: 1) Contestants' choice (w/ Beyoncé), 2) Producer Jimmy Iovine's choice, 3) Judges' choice.

Code:
B+  Scotty   "Amazed"
B+  Haley    "What Is And What Should Never Be"
B   Lauren   "Wild One"
B   Scotty   "Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not"
B   Lauren   "I Hope You Dance"
B-  Lauren   "If I Die Young"
B-  Scotty   "She Believes In Me"
C   Haley    "Rhiannon"
D   Haley    "You Outta Know"

SCOTTY had a pretty decent night.

"Amazed" I mostly loved, good to see some range from him. Like the song even after all those weddings I taped.
S: Better and better; J: Grown so much; R: Few pitchy spots, but money.

"Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not" was good, but I didn't get into it, a bit Zzzzz.
S: Real character showing through; J: So good, in the zone; R: Approaching that Garth level.

"She Believes In Me" is a good Kenny Rodgers song, but I think the song's bigger than Scotty.
S: Put it over the top; J: Good job, baby; R: Very nicely done.

LAUREN was middle of the road tonight.

"Wild One" was almost there, but a little weak for Top 3.
J: Very good; R: Have fun, nice; S: So ready for this.

"If I Die Young" sounded good, she looks the part, but again not 100% there.
J: Most beautiful tone of finalists; R: Missed modulation but back up; S: Did it again.

"I Hope You Dance" was okay.
J: Gave me gooseys head to toe; R: Sang it great; S: Good going.

HALEY, as usual, does great AND sucky each night.

"What Is And What Should Never Be", with her dad on guitar, was good. Thought it'd be worse, not sure of song choice.
R: What it's all about, one of your best ever; S: Superb; J: [Must've missed her comment]

"Rhiannon" had some weak spots, no moments. Did she forget some words?
R: Good job, somber, in the zone; S: Beautiful; J: Thought you'd take it further at the end.

"You Outta Know" was okay high, but lower register was horrible.
R: Some rough parts; S: So nailed choruses; J: Strong parts were choruses [but no comment on verses??]

---

According to the judges:

ROUND 1 went to Haley: R: Hands down; S: Got her freak on; J: Moment was created.
ROUND 2 went to Scotty: S: Lauren; J: Scotty, Scotty, Scotty; R: Scotty, Scotty, Scotty.
ROUND 3 (of course, gotta keep it equal) went to Lauren: S: Haley; J: Lauren; R: Lauren.

Apparently Steven likes his girls.

We were also "treated" with a teaser of Beyoncé's new video for "Run The World" that apparently (as I fast-forwarded) was created in post production, even beyond Auto-Tune.

---

So IMHO...

1) Scotty (B+/B/B-, #1/#4/#7)
2) Lauren (B/B/B-, #3/#5/#6)
3) Haley (B+/C/D, #2/#8/#9)

25 votes for Scotty.

James should've been here instead of Haley. Obviously. But it was nice to see James on Fallon last night, making a guest appearance with Randy, performing "Any Way You Want It" by Journey. I'm glad he had a big, well-deserved, homecoming from the few seconds they showed of it.

NEXT WEEK Idol's on Tues/Weds to end the season.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations