Top 4 - Inspiring Songs & Leiber/Stoller Songs
(with advice from Lady Gaga)

I was with two friends, and they disagreed with my rankings of the women. So, IMHO:

Code:
B  James   "Love Potion No. 9"
B  James   "Don't Stop Believing"
B  Haley   "I Who Have Nothing"
B  Scotty  "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning"
B- Scotty  "Young Blood"
C  Lauren  "Be That Way" [?]
C  Haley   "The Earth Song"
C- Lauren  "Trouble"

JAMES

"Don't Stop Believing" was good, but kinda safe (for him)?
S: Did it right; J: Really great job; R: Highest degree of difficulty, and you did it.

[So I thought it was safe for James, and Randy thought it wasn't. Also, I'm curious why James went first and last, rather than stay in order?]

"Love Potion No. 9" reminded me of an 80's hair band (not a bad thing); he's a total, ready performer.
J: You can sing anything, really great; R: Having a moment every single week; S: Beautiful thing.

HALEY

"The Earth Song" wasn't bad, but too much screaming.
J: Felt your feeling, but think about song choice; R: Confused me as to who your are, screaming, not your vibe; S: They're both wrong, nailed it.

"I Who Have Nothing" sounded gritty w/o screaming, but premature orgasm.
J: Look what you're capable or, amazing, one of the best of the year; R: You just had a moment, one of your best ever; S: Beautiful.

[Guess the judges really want a girl in the finale]

SCOTTY

"Where Were You..." was good, but I question song choice.
R: Perfect song choice, you're ready for super-stardom; S: Beautiful, keep that up; J: I'm in love with you, you know who you are, meant to do this.

[So I thought it was the wrong song choice -- especially after Haley got reamed -- but the judges disagreed again]

"Young Blood" was pretty fun/funny, but enough? Kinda karaoke.
R: Saw both sides of a Scotty concert, I think he's ready; S: Loved the humor; J: Really hit stride, but do something different next week.

LAUREN

"Be That Way" I didn't like, thought she missed some notes.
S: Did it again, vocals so pure/perfect; J: Very good, exactly what we're talking about; R: Lauren's back in it to win it, hot.

[Again, I disagreed w/ the judges. I'm hearing things differently, apparently]

"Trouble" wasn't strong enough, worst of the night, goodbye.
S: Well done; J: Vocally really really great; R: Saw fun side, out of your element, nice one.

--

So IMHO...

1) James (B/B, #1/#2)
2) Scotty (B/B-, #4/#5)
3) Haley (B/C+, #3/#7)
4) Lauren (C/C-, #6/#8)

25 votes for James

I liked Lauren from the beginning, but she's been falling off the past few weeks for me. And I didn't like Haley at all most of the time, but the past couple weeks she's been ahead of Lauren. Regardless, one of then should go this week.

Looking forward, I like Scotty, but don't think he can beat James. I'm hoping James wins this, but, both will do fine....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations