Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I'm not sure what you mean with "gap" because there's as much information in the novel about the period after the war with Maranzano (Vito tries to united different groups, buys the compound, etc.) as there is written about the 1920s.

Ofcourse, as the whole period of 1901 to 1945 is only one chapter, it can be a lot more specific.

That's what I meant, Sonny; that it can be more specific. Towards the end of that chapter, it mentions that Vito moved his family from the city to Long Beach in 1939. There's a mention of Sonny's altercation with the phony boiler people, and Nazorine being swindled by the furniture people, then a brief mention of the family prospering during World War II (through the black market, etc.). But that's really it.

I think this new novel should cover Michael rejecting his father as a teenager, joining the army, etc. I think it might also delve into Sonny's coming of age in the family, Carlo's courtship of Connie, and whatever backstory they might invent for Fredo (just PLEASE don't make him gay, like that asshole Winegardner did rolleyes).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.